Sunday 2 November 2008

The Flock, Filmed By Andrew Lau

The Flock shook me to the core. Andrew Lau did what most director's don't. He used the power of imagination to bring home the terror, portrayed massively in this film. The film outlined at the beginning the huge controversy behind the subject matter, describing the quantity of sex-offenders in America. I had no idea of the extent.

In a way The Flock struck a cord with me and I'm sure it would with many others...the point of view came over personally. The characters were humanised with emotions such as stress, fear and paranoia once again making Andrew Lau's, The Flock increasing unsettling.

The film give the sense in the shots that were filmed, the angles and colour of the overall production, a journey. This allowed me to get sucked into the story very quickly, desperate to know the ending.

I quote a line, that i feel concludes the film completely, "whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process, he does not become the monster". I think this quote allows this film to relate to anyone who watches it. As in my opinion, everyone has a little monster in them!

No comments: